Part 4 - Teaching Practice


4.1 Procedures of Teaching


First step was entered the class with brightest possible smile, because it will make a good start. Second thing was opened the class by greet them, asked how are they doing, cleanliness check, and then pray. After that, I asked the secretary of this class to check the attendance. I gave them motivation that related to the topic, and we also play a game. I asked them what was the previous material, and asked them a couple question about it. I explained to them what material will we learned at that meeting, what is the goal they have to achieve in this topic, and what are their activities in that meeting.
For the core activities, I asked them to look at their chair mate, found and wrote down the difference between them from their eye colour, hair colour, and skin colour. Asked them why are they different from each other. I shortly explained about heredity, I then asked them what are their ideas about heredity.
After that, we continue the discussion, I played a short video about heredity and genetics in general. I asked them a question after watching the videos. They answered it, and we continue our discussion. While I explained the topic we discuss, I sometimes asked them if they understood or did I explained it too fast. I also did throw a question to review the material and did a random calling.
At the end of the class, I guided them to summarized the topic we just discussed. After that, I asked them if they still had question on their head. I told them to did an advance reading of the next topic. Finally, I closed the class, and greeted them. I didn’t give them evaluation everyday, because Ms. Kim said that we were going to have an examination in the end of the chapter.

4.2  Time Management and Organizing Activities


I managed the time in class room according to the activities. First one is opening (greet, pray, attendance check, motivation and review the previous material), core activity (discussion, presentation, lecturing,and generalization), and closing (summarize, assignment, and greet).


4.3 Problem-Solving


I didn’t get any difficulties matter, because everything went as they should. My supervisor is also very caring, humble and helpful all the time. She guided us to done our lesson plan, and prepared our physic and mental to teach in real class. My team mate is also supportive and kind, so I felt like I can done this without any difficulties.
But the thing is, not all of my students can spoke English properly, I couldn’t speak Tagalog also. It’s kind of block us to knew each others opinion. I was so afraid that my English wasn’t understandable, I was scared if I didn’t deliver the material good enough. I always think that I have a moral responsibility to the students, I want to make them like the subjects I taught, so it’s really bothering me to know that some of them didn’t really understand what I said because I talked too fast, I guess.
                        The solution to this problem is I develop the learning media. I made it                                   understandable, even if they didn’t understand the language. And surprisingly, it                   worked really well. They turned out to like Biology, and they even asked me to                     stay.

4.4 Classroom Management

                         The students in 9th Masigasig are so active, fun and very curious about anything. It                 was hard to manage them at the start, but as the time gone by, they really been cooperative                 with me. They also had been  good students and help each other out, they share a lot. Actually,            it wasn't that hard to manage them. We just needed some times to adapted with each other.                  They sometimes noisy and talk to each other while I was teaching, but surprisingly, they also               understand the topic I just taught. Overall, they really are sweet students.



4.5 Others

                      The 9th Masigasig gave me a frame with our picture, and also a cardboard full of their message to me. I love them so much, they are all kind, caring and lovely.


                         My supervisor is also been very nice and patience. She taught us everything about                       this and that. Ms. Kim was super lovely, she always help us out, and also, she was a good                     listener. I am thankful that she was my mentor, also my supervisor, also my care taker





Comments

Popular Posts